Futurist, Global Speaker, Corporate CEO, Entrepreneur & Humanitarian
TariQ is a Harvard alumni who started his career back in 1987 as a lowly customer support executive.
He grew through the ranks and worked his way up and built an an illustrious background working with top organizations like Dow Jones Markets, The Times & Sunday Times and more recently Bloomberg Media.
Now he is an entrepreneur as Founder & CEO of Xponential World and MAD Group. He has helped organizations go from half a million a year to $100 million a year and lead organisations with revenues of greater than $350 million, working across global markets.
He's a creative business leader, a disruptive thinker, and innovator with a unique ability to create breakthroughs and transformations in organizations.
The Transformation & Mission
After achieving great success in the corporate world, TariQ went through a 'tombstone exercise', being asked to write his legacy in 1999 and again in 2012. That had a huge impact in his personal transformation & life's purpose.
He discovered his true values and his reason for being. His WHY. His IKIGAI. His core driver in life. TariQ's mission is to “Make A Difference” by transforming businesses and lives through empowerment and personal development. The big mission is to reach a billion kids for learning and development to thrive in this exponential world.
Stories of Success
- Regional Director for a $100 million per year business over 10 years. Started from $500k for Dow Jones Markets, built it brick by brick across the Middle East, Africa & then into Europe. Disrupted markets and pioneered new business lines & breakthrough concepts.
- Brought The Times & Sunday Times into the Middle East in 2007, as Publisher & launch CEO. Got the business to breakeven within 24 months, against all odds.
- Expanded Bloomberg Media presence in the region. Created the concept of a very successful TV program “Faith in Finance”. Helped originally conceptualize Bloomeberg TV in Dubai.
- He is a Board member at Harvard Business School Club in GCC,with special focus on Media & Content.
- He is recognized and acknowledged as the “Voice of the Future” in the region and beyond. Now with over 450 keynotes globally.
- Worked with top global and regional brands like Emirates, Telenor, HSBC, Emaar, ENBD, Etisalat, Du, DIFC, ADIB and many others.
Story Of Failure
The first real failure & turning point of TariQ's life was in his early twenties. While being hard working & a good student he surprisingly failed his Chartered Accountancy examination in the UK!
He thought the world had come to an end! TThe first real failure in life. The expectations and social pressure had a huge impact on him. He was "broke... but not broken"! With low self-esteem he re-invented himself and re-built his life.
During this time he cleaned floors for £2.50/hour at McDonalds in London, was bartender at a night club in Regent Street, worked as a driver for an Arab prince visiting London. He did this to make ends meet and find his way back. He even had to make decisions sometimes on whether he should eat or take the metro to college.
This experience was the best education he received. He learned about humility and empathy. He learnt about grit and determination. He converted his tenacity into a burning obsession to succeed and achieve in life. He pledged to never let failures and set-backs get in the way.
From there he reached the top of global corporations, earned millions of dollars, went to Harvard Business School and set up a charity to give back. His failures and challenges were his best education.
Book TariQ To Transform
Grow your company using proven methodologies.
Book TariQ To Speak
Inspire your organization and audiences.